Jaded

If I gave it some thought (for a min)
It would be 58 seconds to much

If I needed you to show me love
It better be that I loved myself 1st

If I waited for you to understand what I’m going through (pleasure/pain)
It would be an affectation


If heartache and pain is waiting for me for loving you
It will be cause I gave you truth uninhibited


If I feel a need for you
It will be something I expel quickly


If I search for something tangible that we (I) once had and can’t find it
It will be in that box to the left


If there was a song for you
It would be: shoulda let you go


If your family should ever wonder what became of me
It would be sad cause you never let me in


If your wish for me comes true
It’s gona take a little longer cause God hasn’t called my name


If you should ever reach for me remember that the last thing I gave you was a choice
Thus you must always be without me, however bear in mind that I wish you well



© C Cory July/2010

Comments

Popular Posts