Remember the time... "Sista"


Honey brown skin, hair pressed tight to flowing pigtails of white ribbon
and two big dimples to frame your welcoming face.

 
You combed my hair and I braided yours, my shield, and my voice
You gave me faith cause you believed, older you lead, seeking I followed

 
Keeper of secrets and dreams, pushing you built me up,
knowing you kept your ear tuned to me thus your eyes in motion,
 increasing knowledge never ceased

 
Life you gave me, difficult at the chosen hour, love surrounded me,
 a teacher of respect, educator of common sense your life lessons instilled in me.
Demonstrating love and affection as you molded me like that of clay at the turning wheel

 
A word to guide me, as matron and giving advocate,
hands open when the call came,
the smile that gives me consent reinforcement,
I turn to you my best friend.

 


 
© C. Cory 2/21/2015

Comments

Popular Posts