You & My Best Friend

Have you noticed that young boyz are trying too much, walking around with that same
mean expression on their faces-some just as soft as playdough.
These days: Baggie jeans 3 and 4 times to big and every five minutes struggling to cover your ass, not to worry the t-shirt is triple X long, and to complete this urban dress code-they cover this with a puffy “Jailhouse” black jacket.

Just walk the curb side you’ll see them, everyone looking the same.
Want to be drug dealers, tough guys, play toys of the local street gang.
Pluck one from the crowd, if you want to see him from the inside.
Is it wrong for me to want your best friend?







I know that I've never met anyone, with a strange appetite for sex, like the one I've got. Till I got played by one of the best, Darius, strong and confident, he spinned me into his web of lust and deceit slowly and surly. I am not sure if I was victim number 28, or just a pawn being used, because I was in the wrong place at the right time.  On this rainy dismal late afternoon, the hills for steps to my apartment seemed endless-
for I knew what and who was awaiting me. Coming up the first set of steps, was always so easy, but today however I counted each step I took twice.

Thankfully I lived atop a hilly narrow street on the edge of green green grass, longing to be late for my appointment, hopelessly in need of a distraction. Now at the third set of large steps, that formed and shaped the hill side which leads to Oak Park.  Cool and gray everywhere, I'm here after seven long weeks of interesting word games, Darius met me at my door step. Ready to take advantage of me, but asked nicely if I was ready for what lye ahead. I noticed the fog settled in low over the hill top-and looked out over the park,
you could not see another person about. In my small bedroom, he removed a piece of paper, one that stated the rules of our engagement-dropped my pants to the floor and took me in, showing me something that most girls can’t manage to do right!  It was wet, hot, moist, deep, wow-Although it’s nothing new, it would never be the same.  This is how it all went down.



Darius the manager of the kitchen, a good looking brother, tall with a confident white smile-he ran the kitchen strong, keeping everyone of his people in view at all times.  A good listener with a padlock on information, you could tell him anything, and rest assured that he locked it away in the bank vault of his mind. How where he had interaction with other staff of the building, is where things got interesting. Although he is well loved by his staff, others in the building had very little to say about him or they were just plain jealous. Sometimes it was like having a celebrity in the building, cause it would take Darius 10 to 15 minutes to get to the locker room, after all the hugging and short conversations. He had charisma, no doubt, this unbelievable way of making you feel special, a man of interest a man of knowledge. So young or at lease it seemed, one of the reasons that, the multicultural staff rallied around him. There were employees from all over this planet, but
the leader in population was Latin America and Puerto Rico. Most of the staff would go to him, he was known to be a good listener and the only manager that took time to understand the many languages. Now Arroyo, was from Ponce, a young guy of 22 años looked very wise for his age, handsome, well most of the girls thought so, shy with cat like light brown eyes and a voice that mirrored his welcoming smile. That’s what they would say if one of those hateful birds was writing this, but this is my story. So that's where the competition begins, cause slowly and secretly I was adding another notch to my belt on a weekly basis. I guess my quite nature added to cagey character, one of the nine maintenance men in the building-you almost never see me in a dirty uniform, forever clean and always wore my hair low and close.  Well if you asked me that's how I would describe myself, maybe let you know that I’m not slow-my mind is just always thinking; of what to do tonight, what's my next move, and who is this girl in front of me. I put on my clothes and I play the part, if I'am in the hood or standing with the businessman in a crowded elevator-I like to think I’m a good actor.  It was of great mystery to many, when the rumor was spreading around the building that Arroyo had got caught with his pants down with one of the ladies of the accounting office.  He and Darius, boasted about it one day at the near by pub.  Darius, took the opportunity to showcase a different side of himself.



Inviting a few bankers over to the table was so easy for him, the listener, the people person.  It was like a sudden sun shower, how Arroyo poured himself over an older dark skinned woman.  This would be the first time Darius, would openly give aide to Arroyo-as he began his own  personal quest. At work later in the weeks to come, Marc returned from sick leave.  He was injured by the large plate glass window, in the atrium of the stylish mini complex.  This was bad but ooh so good, the two friends were now back rifting once again  Marc a smooth talking ladies man loud and boyish-friendly strong and six foot three inches.
There was something about Marc, you just couldn’t miss.  A face that was strong, his hair was gorgeous, so thick, so black and his tall frame, small waist and a package to die for. He was the one everyone assumed to be having sex all over the building, as he never got any work done running all over the building with housekeeping and customers coming and going.  There was so much to him, cause he was the muscle of this 2 man army-not only did he have the body for it, he was often first on the scene.  Where I have a quite nature smooth, and you just know I’m the brains cause you’ll see It in my eyes always thinking-say very little and watch everything with intent.  Darius, had to decided that it would be best to leave Arroyo alone for some time, cause things with him were borderline harassment.  So he tried to explain himself, and reassure this mechanic, that he is not making moves on him. That there is an urgent need to put some space between them right now.  There's always a lot of rumors around Darius-so he only wanted to distance himself with one in order to return to him thru his best friend.  Now let the games begin, almost immediately after talking with AJ-Darius met with Marc in the communications room on the near empty second floor-a lot of space still remained there cause its planned storage space for the future.  They talked about a few things, before the topic was turned to sex. Darius, let Marc know about a few of the new girls and how they have already hear about his reputation. Taking the opportunity to lead him to Montana, the one new girl that's turning every guys head. Now Darius and Montana are old work mates-so it would be a piece of cake to hook them up. Marc is most excited about this news, and feels comfortable with this new alliance. He wasted no time approaching Montana and quickly begun to play his way into her pants. The two friends would be seen all over the building, as Arroyo played from room to room and Marc was his personal lookout. Marc would not take part in the scandalous activities that were never ending, which took place in every small unassuming space in the building.  He liked the image that most people got to see, tall and sexy but one woman at a time.
Darius got Marc tickets to invitation only parties, free rooms at the hotel, and watched his back in every way-so that no one would question is work, or lack of it.  About a month or more when things where progressing slowly Darius had Marc fixing some new equipment in the back office of the kitchen. When it was time to put his plan into action.

Marc asked about the numerous gifts, hoping that there where no strings attached.  So Darius jumped at the opportunity-actually there are strings, but at the same time, I cant risk making an enemy out of you. No no worries, why would I do that-me and you we made cool, I don't care wants said around here.
All I need from you is to keep it real with me. You gotta understand if you stay true with me-I have no choice but to always do right for you. After that proclamation of unity, Darius is both at ease and willing to expose his true self. Darius gave Marc a slow and detailed summation about the way he feels about his obsession.
Not one to divulge too much, he only said what was necessary to make his point.  Simple enough only one thing is important to Darius, and that is satisfying his hidden desire.  He answered all of Marc’s questions, before he could ask them.  Your a fine tall ass, damm good looked brother-with a big dick.
That's why I choose you, that's why I go outta my way to keep things cool between you and me.
Marc sat motionless, but you could see his mine working overtime, he was taking it all in.  When he shot up from his position close to the floor-he held his head with both hands, smiling “So you think I got a big pene-but what's that all about.”  I don't care, you know what I'm saying about how people get down.
As long as you have respect for me, my promise is to be true with you.  You know I love women through; nothing will replace the taste of a women.  So I guess I'm saying that I hear you, and know what you trying to say-after all you won’t be the first one to try. Yeah! But you real different from all those crazy every day homo's.  I know that shit sounds, raw but if we keeping it real dogg.
That's how we speak it in the streets. This conversation went on until, the two made a contact, built on give and take. Darius was delirious with joy when he sat back and realized that his plan was in motion-and no one was hurt in the process.  Knowing that Marc has an insatiable appetite for the female G spot, Darius would be his personal pimp. Delivering fresh young females to his side, on an semi-regular basis and even on request. They forged forward on this most secret friendship, Marc leaning on the restaurant manager in many ways. He would keep Montana, as the first lady she was the strong presents in his life. This kept all speculation to a minimum, and most would not dare.  Darius gave him plenty of time to get use to the facts.
Now the waiting was the hardest part. So he had Marc’s schedule changed, where the two of them would work together late into the night. In the big panty on the spacious 2nd floor-Darius found something for Marc to fix. During his second visit to the room to check on his process-Darius asked him when he thought it was going to be possible.  So Marc is standing on a platform that has him about fourteen or so inches in the air.
This allows him to repair the wooden shelves.  Before he could answer Darius walks over to him and with one finger from his left hand, he pokes Marc’s very visible thick zipper. A little took by surprise Marc, swats him away-asking if he could have a moment to answer the question. “So you finally got to touch it that should make you happy” –only Darius was thinking visual confirmation will do the trick.

No no, chill want you saying you want me to flash you.  After very little debate, Marc asked Darius to promise to play with it some other time-and tonite he would show it to him. Marc took his time opening his belt, then his pants-turning around then back again to reveal the semi hard uncut work of art.
Nice yeah very nice, Darius said low and slowly with a wet smile on his face.  Now I hope that makes you happy-cause I will let you live, but this can’t happen at work.  As he struggled a bit to put it back in his pants, as Darius begin to walk backwards slowly for the door. Not allowing himself to take his eyes off the beautiful Latin one eyed snake.  So can we make it real soon; they began to laugh and both shouted out dates and times.  Feeling as this was a total victory, Darius went for his office where he orders apple martinis.
The next day the building was all a buzz, with the scandalous rumors of a three some.  Until all the facts came poring in, Marc was a little crazy, with all the whispering and evil looks flowing back and forth. Speaking with Arroyo, as he told about the blond haired maid and her visiting bisexual cousin. Danny another of the mechanics of the building-was fixing an HVAC unit next door, and no doubt over heard every spoken word.
The overachiever, and the only white boy in the department, was extremely jealous of Marc.  So knowing that something sexual was going on, and that someone was going to pay-he sat out to put Marc, right in the mix of all the trouble.  But Darius a department head quickly put a end to the rumors-by supplying some well
placed facts. This took all speculation off the boys of the engineering dept., as they placed pictures around the building of a man and woman who frequent the bar somewhat weekly. A couple that the accounting manager, found locked up in a utility closet-on the executive floor of the building. When Darius got word of who and what really happen, he knew this golden opportunity-would add a ton of leverage to his service with Arroyo.

Being cool, keeping it slow and steady Darius maintained his keep a way policy.

As it just wasn’t time to bring Angel, into the picture.  Although he did manage to stop by the office and say thank you.  Time was drawing near, and Darius was most definitely ready to perform.  He didn’t want to ask again, and waited for the tall basketball player to chime in.  Marc, asked him when would be a good time to chill, he said that he gave it some thought and well “I fell like I have to experience this someday.”
So we are going to talk about this now, lets just plan to due this tomorrow-we both work late Thursday. Marc was in agreement smiling, shy and a bit nervous.  But it all faded fast, as the day broke into evening, Marc was already 2 hr. late.  When they finally got into a dark corner, Marc told Darius about finding his car with four flat tires and no radio. This is mush more that I can handle, without my car I am in so much
trouble-this situation kills me in every direction and more ways than one.  Darius offers to help him with the car-in hopes that the day can still be saved, and the night is not lost. Marc could not relax, he explained that now he would owe everyone, and all the pressures of the day makes him want to use drugs again.
Surprised by the acknowledgment, Darius asked want was your drug of choice.  I really don't get carried away, just a little weed that’s all-man it’s all the alcohol that makes things get all crazy crazy. Well Marc just tried to chill; I got you back on fixing your car-look I told you that I would always look out for you. I am gona go the extra mile for you, can you keep your cool and do the right thing. I don't want anyone to know that I helped you out, just like I don't want any suspicion or rumors about some gay shit between you and me.  Marc, was somewhat at a lost for words, wow I didn’t have time to think about what we-well what you wanted me to do tonight. I am real sorry; I can’t relax after all this shit today, my mind is not in the game-can we try for another day. Don’t want you thinking this is all a lie to get outta-you know all that, “I will let you get down” serious-you got my back, how can I leave you hanging.  Repeating it over and over again, making a pledge to honor his commitment.  But this day would not ring true for Darius, for almost 3 weeks, as Marc dealt with his automobile issues. The waiting is the hardest part, asking for what you want-very easy if you
think someone is holding out on you. So on a very slow night, out of nowhere-Darius waits for Marc to fix the internet connection. After he carefully unplugged some equipment, in one of the offices that help us to communicate with the outside world.  When he got there, he found the door was open, and an easy problem
to fix-so he quickly made some phone calls. Darius came through a door behind the very large IBM dual deck server. Marc could hear him but not see him.  Just standing there in the semi dark rear of the room, Marc acknowledged him than quickly ended his phone call. He is surprised that he is still at work so late, and where did he come from. I can see that you don’t know this room very well. Look you’ve been telling me to wait a lot, and right now tonight, you have no, umm nothing in your way. Marc was steady and uneasy ready to side step,

“chill chill man you can’t be serious-you want to get down right here at work.”

“No man! Now....Come on chill-I know you're just playing with me.”

Darius stepped closer and reached for his belt, again and again Marc, was ready to side step on the issue-at once he claims that he is dirty and needs a shower.  But not ready to give up, Darius shows him the other side of the room-beyond the many computers and tall towers of wires and patch cables.  Let’s do this, I've seen it already and we have nothing but time and opportunity.  Giving in Marc sat in the chair, holding his head and with a grudge opening his pants,

“why you putting pressure on me”


slowly moving his wide large black belt through the loops, before Darius could move and get closer, Marc pleads over and over, that no one can hear about this.

“I’m only doing this cause its for you!”

“And you have done so much for me-I know that I have to give understanding to you.”


Darius took every advantage in his hands, playing nice and slow, enjoying all of what he had been waiting for. For Marc his nervousness turned into loads of excitement,

“I’m musty and sweaty that's not cool”.


So proud of what he has, Marc asked with a cocky attitude “is it to much for you to handle”.
Darius came up for air, long enough to smile and continue to enjoy himself.  When all was said and done, Darius got to his feet and asked why are you sweating?  The day after came kinda quick for Marc, who was now back to being nervous-and trying desperately not to let it show. Work went on in the multi-use building, and no one looking for the next scandal. Over the next month things got a little crazy, the restaurant was over run with customers. Renovations had begun on the hotel, while the law offices had a small electrical fire which kept the maintenance department busy in many ways.  Just very hectic all over the building. So the month flew by as though it was a normal day.  Summer was upon us and many of the full time employees where ready for vacations.  Arroyo was the first out the door, June 1st he was on a plane to Puerto Rico, for three weeks.  Which meant that for a while few rumors or lies of crazy activities in the building.
Marc being his right hand, had the facts and the files on the: who what where and all the girls.  As fate would have it Marc faced termination because of his big month.  He was trying to fix a wardrobe unit, when he became frustrated, he throws a 15 inch piece of wood shelf over his shoulder. The wood eventually hit the floor, but it first sliced a long hole in the 27 inch flat plasma TV-the damage to the television he tried to cover up as a accident. His story fell apart quickly, as Danny told how he knew the TV was in good working order, just one day before. So the arguments went back and forth.  The chief engineer checked the locks to view the entry times of who ever went to the room. Now Marc’s lies were front page news, because only one other person had been in the room. This was a most difficult place for Darius, as he scrambled to find a defense.  Kowing the out come, he went to Marc, to ask him to give up his lies, and pay for a new TV. Marc was one of only three people who were there day one, when the building was being built from the ground. The decision was a hard one to make, that's what they told him.  There were a few people who really rallied to his side. All over the building there seem to be mini problems popping up one after another, until the craziness of the past four weeks came to a crashing end.  A big holiday weekend, and most people where headed out of the city.  The business offices where closed, so there was almost no traffic on the third or forth floors.  The remaining five floors, of guest rooms belong to the independent hotel group-which for this weekend was running a 30% occupancy.  There where very few members of the crew working this weekend, and with my luck I was one of them. After Marc was terminated it left a whole in the schedule that management didn’t rush in to fix. They did however put me to work two nights a week-which left me wide open for Darius and his ultimate goal. We made it thru the weekend no problem, he went so far as to stay away, while I would have to seek him, just to say hello.  It wasn't obvious to me at all at the time; he still talked with Marc by phone, and even hung out with him over at his crib. I knew all this was going on, so I kept everything to myself and on the low. Now with more work comes more trouble, often I did not complete my work orders at night. Which always lead to a lot of trouble with the day crew, I didn't care so much cause working at night was ruining my day time activities.  No sex for me, meant no work for them. There was only one possibility at night, and she wasn’t cute nor hard to get, so I didn't want it. She had been here only three months, and the word is that she was someone's leftover garbage. Enter controversy, now that everyone could see me getting away with murder, it was time to slow me down.
Funny how one thing piles onto of another? I couldn’t seem to get my butt in to work at 3pm.
I was late every time I had to work at night and the day crew took advantage of that.  They would pile all the calls on me, as I walked in the door 45 minutes to and hour late.  Rushing from door to door, I would often leave things behind but with no friends on the day shift, every thing I did was magnified.  Darius came to my defense time and time again-but not to my knowledge. I tried flying under the radar for a while, got to work early a few times-now of course that was just rumor, for the jealous and the greedy. I remind quiet, working and answer most calls fast.  But the weeks of showing up late, took a toll on my paycheck-and to slow any rumors I had to put all the girls on layaway. Another slow weekend was here, and Darius was staying over.



When he sees me standing in the hallway, starring out the window he walks up behind me, and quickly asks what's up. He can see the look on my face as I hold my nasty 19 hour paycheck in my hand. I forgot to punch in, I was late a lot, I know it’s my entire fault but the rest of this crazy talk is unnecessary-it don't hurt me but its hurting other people, and making things like crazy. But its not like you care, you been keeping a distance or something, and sometimes you just so busy. That's when Darius, lit up like a Christmas tree,

“I've heard and seen a lot of the thing going on.”


I turned back to the window, but you know I don't really have no good people here-I use to have Marc, but look what happen to him.

“I don't know what to tell you, AJ there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything-what you need is someone in your corner.”

You see I believe, Darius continues to comfort and plan as he talks,

“that everyone has someone they can talk to-someone that will hold them down no matter what the situation.”

I looked up and turned from the window, I know you’re good! Everyone here likes you, your not like any of the old ass managers, your more like one of us.

“Well we have always been good; you just don't know what I've done for you.”

“I told you some time ago, that I need to keep my distance-that was for you and for me.”

“I like having people in my corner I know I can rely on cause every person plays a different part.”

Arroyo is so intrigued how does that work? like what you trying to tell me something.  Come on lets keep this real, there's only you and me hear right now-you know my game and I like your style, so let’s bleed nigger spit the truth.  I see the way you look at me, you don't look here in my eyes, not always-and you know I get mad pussy up in here. I really don't have any competition and I know when a girl is feeling
me, so its like come on, lets go! If she don't give it to me today-she’ll give it up the next day.
They talk, Darius they all talk about me, I know you hear what they say.  Look I fuck them good one time, and then make them wait and come back for more.  Darius is standing some what shocked, and trying to look as through this is all new to him.  He’s holding is head and sneaking a peek at Arroyo, as he stands in front of him, with arms folded and back straight. Arroyo continues “you know it’s true” you’ve heard about me all over this building. I'm telling you its all about this pene-I got even the guys in here jealous of me.
Darius now laughing can’t wait another minute-

“what, what are you saying, its nothing wrong with confidence, but boy you just plain crazy.”

Yeah I’m crazy but you be looking at my pene too!

That’s right I catch you all the time, sometimes I fix my pants right in your face, just to see where your eyes are gonna go.

“Well so you want me to keep it real, OK I look and yes lam interested, but not because of all this shit you just spilled.”

D, yo Darius, I’m serious I’m dead serious, my shit is good, I know that and you know that.

“Hold up AJ cause you talking crazy, I don't know anything cause I never had you, or talked with someone about you.”

“So just because you listen to rumors, don't put me as one of the many people that want to get down your pants.”

Look Darius I through we was keeping it real dogg.  Come on “I know”. “Know what?” Nigger I know!
Look I’m keeping it true to the game-if that's how you play it cool, but I know how you get down. Why? Cause you never want to have these conversations, when ever a group is talking, you walk away. So I see doggs, you got something at home or where ever that's keeping you happy I guess. Darius, not defensive but determined,

“no you see once again you are listening to rumors or going by what you see-and things aint always what you see.”

“And oh yeah, I’m feeling you, you are that something that can make me happy-but that's why I try to stay away from you, that's what's real!”

Arroyo is smiling and cocky, as he takes his time to digest what was said to him.  He rocks back and forth, holding on to the almond color window pain, taking his time-now wearing a sadden and hard look on his face. Look my nigger you my doggs that’s why I aint jumpin at you right now, you know I get madd pussy and don't get down like that-keep that and you do your thing.

“Now you know, but you still have no idea, you see you gotta ask the right questions, cause I have no problem with the truth.”

Well I know cause you chill with Marc, and he’s the one who told me that you madd cool.
You smoked with him and you still talk with him from time to time. “Arroyo listen we’re not talking about Marc, he don't work here anymore,so thats the past.”

So what you telling me that you never chilled at your crib.  Darius is a little upset, trying not to show is disappointment-he laughs and begins to walk around. Arroyo is very aware that he touched a hot spot.
Yo D, D, listen my nigger, I know want time it is, but what you do dogg that’s on you.

“Marc didn't tell you know shit like this, all this is just you piecing things together.  Yeah, I know how that game is played out.”

So what's up D, when can we chill at the crib, or fall to the roof and smoke, take a trip around the corner and back you that number one, com’on you need to let go-this is me.
“By the way I’m sure Marc didn't tell you that he only came over because-he needed to barrow some cash.”
But you smoked with Marc, why you can’t smoke with me, and you did it here at work-I know you took a smoke break in the park.

“You are too much you just keep pushing me to say something.”

All right is this real, Darius pauses for a moment looking as AJ with lust.  What what I’am right here!

“I can’t smoke with you, cause if I do then I’ll want to play with your pene.”

Not the lease bit startled, or even shocked by my statement of greed.  AJ lefts his hands from the window seal, covers his month with one, and jumps back from me.  Ha ha my nigger, I’m down for that shit-I knew it, I knew it, you on my shit.

“Look you getting real loud, take a look around and remember where in the hallway.”

Although there was no one near, it was clear to see that AJ, was not ready to be the subject of speculation. We took our conversation to the rooftop, were there is so much noise, the elevator room behind the water intake tower. We had no interruptions and no possibility of someone sneaking up behind us. There the older man Darius, put it all on the line. He takes his time to express himself, setting the stage, that this conversation would be his word against mine. He stood in front of me, as I guarded the door, standing above Darius on steps-which puts my waist, my belt and zipper, right in his face.

“Like I said, you need someone in your corner. What you don't know is that have looked out for you many times. Right now your in a tight place.”

Darius I don't really need help cause I know how to hit the streets.  But I see what you getting at, for you what you want I see it in your eyes.  I just don't want to loose my job, I got problems at home and everywhere else, I don't need know shit at work. Truthfully if I asked for your help, would you look out, can you help a young man out-they already got Marc, you can’t let them take me out too.  I do need this right here; my job keeps everything else in place.  Look D, look out for your boy, you can get some dick, I'll fuck your best friend and you can watch.
“Holy shit, you did not just say that.”

Darius is more than surprised that AJ beat him to the punch.  What come on D, don't act so shocked, you can’t stop looking at it all the time.  Darius wasted no time with his response.

“You stupid, you’re so full of shit, I know you’re just fuckin with me.”

“You want me to say something, do something, and maybe try to touch you.”

“Then what you punch me in the eye, we gotta fight, cause I believe that craziness.”

“No way you aint that much of a freak.”

Darius I'm not a violent person, and I see you looking all the time, you know what these girls say ‘bout me.

“You need to stop, just stop. I can’t believe you, when I use to say shit to you before, you always got crazy on me.” AJ interrupts quickly-I’m just talkin about something I know you want, you mad interested,
that’s why you always talking with me, looking... My nigger you can’t stop looking.  All that other shit is crazy, I don’t want to fight, no D I know you, I know you.  Darius is a bit frustrated by word, I won’t let him get a word in, but I know that’s what he has been after for months. I figured if I beat him to the punch it would be that much easier to manipulate him. I was trying to stay in character, I was trying to say all the
right things. But before I could continue my rampage, and give him more confusing thoughts-and hand reached for my leather belt around my waist.  Darius took his left hand and quickly looped it into my loose pants.  With the waist band in his hand, he pulled me close and quickly let go-I tried to stay still, rocked just a bit, then laughed as he was once again surprised.  So I asked, you always wanted to do that, how did that make you feel?  Look my nigger you and I are one of a kind; so I can be just as freaky as you want me to be.  Darius searching for a way out, and finding none-instantly cries out about his need to get back to the restaurant. I tried explaining how empty the whole place was, Darius was not having it, he had every reason to leave, and this now-so he could come back stronger some other day. I didn't move as he made his move for the door, I reached for him making him hug me, tellin him its all about you and me from now on.
Darius just stayed with this look of uncertainly on his face, as his hands fell right between my legs. You full of shit, Darius chimes in over and over first next to my ear, then when I let him go, over again going out the door. “AJ just give me a day to think about this, cause I’m sure you’re up to something”, I was playing the game, and in this game is was necessary for me to take a giant step. Not thinking he would ever take me for true, or sure if I could put it all together. So my plan was simple to put sex up front, and all alone the way remind him how much I love women. Truthfully I've through of what he wants, there have been other guys, Darius is not the first to try me. I am nervous every time we meet, cause I have to keep him at arms length-but in my corner.  So aware this is a dangerous game to play, being a person of truth and knowing that
if we make a commitment, if I put my word on it, I will be bound to it.  I’m keeping myself in the moment, reminding myself of what can happen, talking with him I get an opportunity, working on that convincing factor.  Not arrogant or demanding, and on the real not disrespectful.  I’m reminded of his character, not one to express himself sexually-his been known to drop a line of comments here or there-however shies away from those type of conversations.  He never mentioned what he can do for me, I've been approached by guys in the bank that said some crazy shit to me all the time. He never once talked about turning me out, or doing me better than every girl up in here. Focused, that’s what it is he has remained focused overtime,
never letting me see his small steps to victory.  Stopping by his office unexpected, put Darius on the spot he was sitting holding onto a piece of paper and starring into space. He was holding a maintenance ticket and it was later discovered that he written some work orders, that had a date of the prior weekend.  This was the time that all cards were laid on the table. So I waited to be noticed by him, feeling me in the room he began to tap the card on the desk top. This guy is so dramatic, raised his eyes slowly he looks only at my face, “can I trust you”.

Darius is wavering and still uncertain as he explains,

“what will happen if I can’t be there for you, and what will I ultimately lose if I trust you.”
I want to say something, but he has set a mood, for this space and time.
“You show up in my office, I know what your here for, you want an answer, but that's one of the things I have a problem with.”

“AJ you have a childish why, or maybe just a need to have your way first.”

“I see you do this; I've watched you carefully for months, listened to the rumors, studied your speech and interactions with others.”

“Surprise what you don't know, is that it has been about you from the very beginning.”

“And even at this hour I am unsure, if you are up to the challenge.”

“How many times have you run around this building with Marc, and for what?

I always see that he helps you first.”

“So tell me is loosing this job your biggest fear?”

I was slow to answer Darius, as I noticed that he had not looked away, and was very much still looking at my face, surely right in my face. I was sure we were alone, but for all the right reasons, I was cautious for him if not my own sake.  When I looked out into the busy kitchen I could hear him twisting in the chair.
That's when the deal was made, for a promise to be kept.  Keeping this job is part of a bigger plan for me; I try to tell you that I have another life on the streets. For me this job is like glue, to hold everything else in my life in order; this is the part of me that I let the whole world see.  Wrong place right time, that’s how everything is for me right now, but you get to take advantage of this-look out for me. I’m not gonna do you wrong, I still have to see you at work everyday. We can set some kind of agreement if you want.  You say you look out for me anyway, now I'll put myself up for collateral.  That's when Darius jumped at the chance, removing a time card from his desk, lets set a date and time, if your so serious why not. Angel Arroyo I give myself, to your trust and your word-man I don't know what to write, but I know we both need a copy.
Darius quickly took care of all the details, then sat down with a look of overwhelming desire upon his face, knowing that he has used Marc perfectly to reel me in like a big fish.






Copyright 2004 C. Cory YOU & MY BEST FRIEND



Comments

Popular Posts